Through the generosity of prior generations and current parishioners, and based on Trinity’s Mission Statement, the Commission to the Trinity Grants Committee (TGC) is to:
“Respond to God’s grace through effective stewardship of financial support grants for human service programs that provide for spiritual and earthly needs with particular focus to address issues of health, hunger, shelter, and education.”
Grant Application Requirements:
NOTE: Applications for “major grants” (grants over of $3000 or more) have been suspended at this time.
Organizations must meet ALL the following criteria:
- Be a non-profit with 501 (c) (3) status;
- Provide services in any of the 4 core service areas identified in the Trinity Grants Committee’s Mission Statement;
- Have a Certificate of Good Standing with CT Department of Revenue Services and Secretary of State.
- Cannot be a recipient of any other TGC, Trinity Home Board, or other Trinity granting body award during the fiscal year for which they are applying.
Grant Application Procedures:
NOTE: All forms should be mailed to:
Trinity Parish OfficeView Post
c/o Chair of Grants Committee
950 Chapel Street, 2nd Floor
New Haven, CT 06510-2515
Email: Liz Dickinson
The following forms are to be submitted by an applicant for a Trinity Grant:
- “Letter of Interest” is suggested, but not mandatory, and is intended to provide a brief description of the applicant’s mission. This is needed to confirm that the use of the grant funds is consistent with the TGC Mission Statement that states…”grants for human service programs that provide for spiritual and earthly needs with particular focus to address issues of health, hunger, shelter, and education.” The Letter of Interest may be submitted by the applicant prior to submission of their formal grant application.
- Form 3B “Grant Application Form” provides the essential information from the applicant, and is self-explanatory. This form is mandatory for all grant applications to receive processing. PLEASE NOTE: Application deadline in 2018 is June 4, not April 30 as stated in the form.
- Form 3C consisting of 4 pages dealing with “Guidelines and Checklists for Site Visits from members of the TGC. This form is mandatory for all “rnajor grants”, and is intended as a useful reference for conventional grants.
- June 4, 2018 is this year’s deadline for receipt of Grant Applications. Applications received by that date will be reviewed by the TGC and any Notices of Grant Award will be issued by the end of October.