TRINITY CHURCH ON THE GREEN
Trinity’s Mission Statement
God’s love calls us to proclaim with joy the Good News of Jesus Christ, to welcome all people into the community of faith, and to serve Christ through serving others.
Trinity Church on the Green, a thriving congregation in a historic building on the New Haven Green, seeks a full-time Assistant Rector who demonstrates strong liturgical and preaching skills and who will be a pastoral, spiritual presence in the varied worship styles of our parish. The Assistant Rector will engage in the Urban Ministry through social justice, arts, and spiritual leadership, with the city as the main context for ministry. We are seeking a candidate who is comfortable with our varied liturgies, is interested in supporting membership care, has some experience in leadership, is comfortable with urban ministry, and possesses a keen collaborative spirit.
- Provide liturgical leadership including:
- Preside at Sunday services in rotation with the Rector
- Deliver Sunday sermons in rotation with the Rector
- Participate in liturgical preparation
- Preside at Wednesday weekly Eucharists
- Preside at twice-monthly Eucharists at the Whitney Center in Hamden
- Preside at funerals, weddings and other pastoral services in collaboration with the Rector
- Assist with pastoral services
- Coordinate Trinity’s Outreach Ministries, including Chapel on the Green, together with the Outreach team.
- Provide leadership for an Urban Ministry that connects with the broader community.
- Provide pastoral care to our parish members as part of the pastoral team.
- Coordinate with the Children and Family Ministry
- Coordinate the various staff positions and responsibilities in concert with the Rector
- Contribute to parish communications
- Participate in meetings with the Wardens and the Staff
- Assist the Rector in leadership for the Trinity Home Board by attending their meetings and activities
- Assist with organizational responsibilities as needed and in collaboration with the Rector
Qualifications: The preferred candidate will have excellent organizational abilities, strong oral and written communication skills, the ability to work effectively with others including parishioners and volunteer teachers, and the ability to multitask.
The Reverend Dr. Luk De Volder, Rector
950 Chapel Street, 2nd Floor
New Haven, Connecticut 06510
(203) 624 3101
Specific terms, conditions, compensation and benefits are included the standard Letter of Agreement as outlined by the Bishop of Connecticut.
DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY MINISTRY
Trinity Church on the Green seeks a part-time Director of Children and Family Ministry to define, shape, and lead the Christian education of young people in the parish. The Director oversees Sunday School teaching and activities while connecting with families as Trinity enhances the Church’s environment and experience for families. A vibrant faith community, Trinity Church offers a variety of worship experiences and seeks to support and enrich young people in their education. Trinity’s mission: God’s love calls us to proclaim with joy the Good News of Jesus Christ, to welcome all people into the community of faith, and to serve Christ through serving others.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with children and youth as well as a commitment to guiding young people in their growth through faith. Excellent communication skills, the ability to connect with children and parents, and joy in creating an appealing program will be required.
New Haven CT
Type of Position:
Part-time, 20 hours per week, full year, beginning May 1, 2020.
Interested candidates, please send a cover letter and resume to Charlotte Rea, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission:
February 15, 2020.
Trinity Church on the Green seeks a Coordinator of the Outreach Program to oversee its ministry to the urban, New Haven community. Chapel on the Green provides a brief, outdoor Sunday worship service followed by a meal. The Spiritual Fellowship focuses on the sharing of stories and prayer and provides a light lunch. The Coordinator supports the programs, leads the Sunday services, engages with Trinity staff, and connects with members of other congregations to enhance the programs. 15 hours per week, year-round.
New Haven, CT
May 25, 2020
March 16, 2020
Interested candidates should write to Charlotte Rea, email@example.com