TRINITY CHURCH ON THE GREEN
Church Nursery Child Care Provider
To provide dependable, safe, and nurturing care to children, ages 0-3 years, while their parents attend services at Trinity Church on the Green.
- Provide age-appropriate care which may include: feeding, changing diapers, escorting to the bathroom, maintaining a safe environment, putting children down for naps, holding, or sitting with and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, play, and prayer.
- Maintain good handwashing/hand hygiene after diaper changes and after assisting children with coughs, sneezes, or runny noses.
- Be polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, parents, and volunteers.
- Greet each child and call him/her by name when dropped off by parent(s)/guardians
- Complete nursery registration records and communicate special needs to other Nursery workers and volunteers
- Stay until the children are secured with a responsible adult named on the child’s registration form.
- Clean and disinfect toys each Sunday (only toys played with on that Sunday) after children have left.
- In event of an emergency notify the parent/guardian via cell phone.
- Child care hours needed are Sunday mornings for 8:30 AM -12:30 PM (Fall, Winter, Spring hours) and 9:45 AM – 11:30 PM (Summer hours: Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day).
Additional hours during Holy Week, Christmas, and other church events.
- Experience in caring for children between the ages of 0-3 years with the ability to adapt and interact with each child and their varying needs.
- Red Cross Child Care or Babysitter Certification preferred
- CPR training for infants and children preferred
- Must obtain and maintain Safe Church Certification with Episcopal Church of Connecticut
- Must submit to a background check
Pay Rate: $13/hour (paid for a minimum 3 hour shift each Sunday)
Send resume to: Trinity Episcopal Church, 950 Chapel St., New Haven, CT 06510 firstname.lastname@example.org