TRINITY CHURCH ON THE GREEN
Program Coordinator of Ministry to Young Familes
Trinity Church on the Green seeks a dynamic leader for the Young Families Ministry, which oversees the Sunday School teaching and programming and connects with young families within the Parish and outside the Parish. The Program Coordinator will help establish a strategic vision and goals for the Program and will work with the leadership of the Church to enhance the experience for families and children.
- A background in working with young children
- An understanding of an appropriate curriculum for that age group.
- Experience working with families who want to connect and become part of an exciting, vigorous community.
- Ability to think creatively and practically about ways to engage young children and their parents.
- Understanding of the mission, goals, and activities of a faith-based organization.
The Program Coordinator will work for 15 hours per week although flexibility will be required during the summer programs.
$25.00 per hour
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Trinity Outreach Coordinator
approx 15-18 hrs/wk
Trinity on the Green’s Outreach program is committed to serve in its downtown New Haven neighborhood. Our service responds to the emergency situation of inner-city people struggling with marginalization, addiction, or homelessness. The Trinity Outreach program includes Chapel on the Green and The Spiritual Fellowship group. Chapel on the Green provides a regular community of housed and unhoused congregants with a simple worship service followed by a meal and fellowship. The service usually welcomes members from traditional parishes and those without church affiliations, as well as tourists, volunteers from urban and suburban parishes, and local residents. The Spiritual Fellowship includes fellowship time with story sharing and prayer, and a lunch at the end. The Spiritual Fellowship seeks to connection before correction. By connecting and story telling the fellowship time allows people to step out of marginalization and to regain a sense of identity.
The Trinity Outreach Coordinator will provide support to the program and social assistance to the program participants. Both Chapel on the Green and The Spiritual Fellowship are connected with the wider community of parishes and non-profit organizations who participate in serving people in need. This part-time position, 15-18 hours per week at a salary of $16,000 per year includes the following schedule and tasks:
Your weekly work schedule for this position will usually be on Sundays from 12pm to 4pm and Tuesdays from 10AM (weekly staff meeting) to 3PM, providing a regular community of housed and unhoused congregants with a simple Sunday outdoor worship service followed by a meal and fellowship. Other tasks include:
- Regularly attending staff meetings on Tuesdays at 10AM.
- Overseeing overall program support to Chapel on the Green and the Spiritual Fellowship Group.
- Engaging and connecting with members from traditional parishes and those without church affiliations, as well as tourists, volunteers from urban and suburban parishes, and local residents.
- Case management for program participants who are seeking to connect with resources that can improve their predicament.
- Managing calendars and contacts, volunteers, and communication of Chapel on the Green activities and events.
- Coordinate follow up with visiting groups and set up funding opportunities.
- Networking with existing New Haven support organizations and coordinate contact opportunities to help people without permanent housing fulfill their desire to be involved and to access support resources.
- Other duties as requested by Trinity supervisor
- Sensitivity to issues related to homelessness, mental illness, substance abuse, poverty and social marginalization
- Excellent organizational competencies and ability to self-initiate and self-monitor
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written, verbal and computer based communication skills
- Knowledge of Greater New Haven area churches and social services
- Familiarity with the Christian faith
- Will be supervised by designated Trinity clergy
- May supervise Interns and/or other staff as requested by Trinity
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work
- Microsoft Office Applications
Send resume to: The Rev. Luk DeVolder, Rector, Trinity Episcopal Church, 950 Chapel St., New Haven, CT 06510 email@example.com