The image above is a detail taken from a stained glass window made of opalescent glass, executed by the L.C. Tiffany Company. It pictures St. Paul preaching on the Hill of Mars in Athens; it was installed in 1897.
Education at Trinity: most Sundays at 10:10 in the undercroft
Along with coffee hour, Trinity holds various educational events in the undercroft between the 9 and 11 services.
Nursery Care is available for infants to children 3 years of age at the Sunday 9:00 am service and at the Sunday 11:00 am service. Our nursery staff are ready to care for your children while you attend services. We do ask, however, that you pick up your child (children) before attending our coffee hour after the service.
Sunday School is held in the undercroft school rooms every Sunday from 10:10 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. Trinity offers the Godly Play Program for children in Preschool to grade 6, and the Upper Room Program for children in grades 7 and 8. For more information or to register your child, please contact The Rev. Elise Hanley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adult Education for the Fall begins this coming Sunday, September 16 at 10:10 in the Undercroft Library. Here’s the schedule, with the coming week at the top.
- Adult Education will not meet this Sunday November 11, 2018 in order to accommodate set-up for the Markets at Trinity. Adult Education will resume on November 25th with a series on the prophet Micah. Those who attended Lilian Revel’s session last week may be interested in the following resources that were referenced during the discussion: https://www.contemplativeoutreach.org/centering-prayer-mobile-app
- Nov 4, 2018. Feminist Theology as a Critical Theory of Liberation. Charles Lemert will lead the discussion. The reading is a little long but very worthwhile. It can be found at:
- October 28, Chris Ashley on the Infancy Gospel of James, also known by its Latin title the Protoevangelium. The link to the text is: https://www.ccel.org/ccel/schaff/anf08.vii.iv.html
- Oct 07 and 14–Charles Lemert, Continue the discussion of Justice/ with an addendum on the issue of Gossip/Gospel/The Church’s Unconscious Life
- Sept 30 will be: Charles Lemert, Theology of Justice: Luther, Tillich, Kierkegaard, and Niebuhr at 10:10 AM in the Undercroft. [Chris Ashley has been called away at the last minute.]
- Sept 23–Chris Ashley, C.S. Lewis, The Great Divorce
- Sept 16–Charles Lemert, Beyond Outreach: Reinhold Niebuhr and the Theology of Justice
Parish Meetings are held from Time to Time as well, replacing coffee hour.
August 2018 NEHA conference Held at Trinity