The image above is a detail taken from a stained glass window made of opalescent glass, executed by the L.C. Tiffany Company. It pictures St. Paul preaching on the Hill of Mars in Athens; it was installed in 1897.
Education at Trinity: most Sundays at 10:10 in the undercroft
Along with coffee hour, Trinity holds various educational events in the undercroft between the 9 and 11 services.
Nursery Care is available for infants to children 3 years of age at the Sunday 9:00 am service and at the Sunday 11:00 am service. Our nursery staff are ready to care for your children while you attend services. We do ask, however, that you pick up your child (children) before attending our coffee hour after the service.
Sunday School is held in the undercroft school rooms every Sunday from 10:10 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. Trinity offers the Godly Play Program for children in Preschool to grade 6, and the Upper Room Program for children in grades 7 and 8. For more information or to register your child, please contact The Rev. Elise Hanley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adult Education for the Fall begins Sunday, September 16 at 10:10 in the Undercroft Library. Here’s the schedule, with the coming week at the top.
- Adult Education in Advent will be led by Chris Ashley on the prophet Micah. The series begins this Sunday at 10:10 and will continue through Lent with the exception of December 9 when there will be one 10AM service devoted to the Christmas Pageant. Suggested reading: On December 2, 16, and 23 Chris will lead discussions of the teachings of the the Old Testament Prophet Micah. You may wish to read Micah 5:1-15; ink: https://biblia.com/bible/Micah5/ –this is the famous prophecy of a birth in Bethlehem.
- Adult Education for Sunday November 25 will offer two sessions:
First: At 10:10 Charles will lead a discussion in the undercroft of the topic previously missed due to his illness: Feminist Theology as a Critical Theory of Liberation. It can be found at :
Second: After the 11 AM Service, Chris Janis will lead a walk through and discussion of the historical display on Trinity and WW I in the Sanctuary.
- Those who addended Lillian Revel’s Adult Education session on November 11, 2018 may be interested in the following resources that were referenced during the discussion: https://www.contemplativeoutreach.org/centering-prayer-mobile-app
- Nov 4, 2018. Feminist Theology as a Critical Theory of Liberation. Charles Lemert will lead the discussion. The reading is a little long but very worthwhile. It can be found at:
- October 28, Chris Ashley on the Infancy Gospel of James, also known by its Latin title the Protoevangelium. The link to the text is: https://www.ccel.org/ccel/schaff/anf08.vii.iv.html
- Oct 07 and 14–Charles Lemert, Continue the discussion of Justice/ with an addendum on the issue of Gossip/Gospel/The Church’s Unconscious Life
- Sept 30 will be: Charles Lemert, Theology of Justice: Luther, Tillich, Kierkegaard, and Niebuhr at 10:10 AM in the Undercroft. [Chris Ashley has been called away at the last minute.]
- Sept 23–Chris Ashley, C.S. Lewis, The Great Divorce
- Sept 16–Charles Lemert, Beyond Outreach: Reinhold Niebuhr and the Theology of Justice
Parish Meetings are held from Time to Time as well, replacing coffee hour.
August 2018 NEHA conference Held at Trinity